Panther Family –
The Winter season is getting ready to kick off on Monday, October 26th. If you haven’t already done so be sure to register ASAP!
You should complete registration Paint Branch Winter Virtual Sport Registration by October 24th so you can start on day 1! (Late registration will be reopened on October 27th for 1 week). You should either have a your physical either in file with Paint Branch athletics or upload as part of your registration (or email it to Heather Podosek, Athletic Specialist). All students will need physicals tp participate in the workouts with the coaches and will need them for when we begin in-person workouts/sports. All students must use this form Updated Physical Form with COVID Questions for all physicals . Care for kids is a county resource that provides free and reduced fee physicals.
Virtual Winter Sports will run from October 26th – December 4th for the following teams; Poms, Indoor Track, Coed Bocce, Wrestling, Boys and Girls Basketball and Boys and Girls Swim and Dive.
A few important things to remember.
- The high school interscholastic athletics virtual program is available to all students at the high school level – no tryouts and no cuts.
- The high school virtual athletics season consists of a minimum of three student-athlete and coach engagement sessions per week (corollary sports will meet two times per week), over the course of five weeks.
- All students participating in the winter virtual season, as part of the MCPS interscholastic athletics program, must complete the online registration process.
- Registration is done electronically – Paint Branch Winter Virtual Sport Registration
- Students and parents/guardians who have difficulty with registration should contact the Paint Branch Athletic Specialist- Heather Podosek at Heather_A_Podosek@mcpsmd.org
- Student-Athletes can only register to participate in one sport.
- Student-Athletes must have an updated physical. Updated Physical Form with COVID Questions
- If a student-athlete has a physical on file from Fall virtual engagement, that is still valid.
- Updated physicals will be required when we begin in-person workouts/sports (TBD)
- For more Information and Frequently asked questions FAQ Document
We are excited to provide our Panthers with the greatest education based virtual athletics season during such unprecedented times. We Can, We Will, We R.A.I.S.E