Hello Panthers –
We miss you!!! We know you are eager to return to school and your teams, and we are too!
Governor Hogan has extended the emergency closure due to the COVID-19 Pandemic to April 24th. MCPS has developed a plan for you to continue your education through distance learning which you will begin very soon. It is very important that you take this seriously and complete your work on time and with maximum effort. Academic Eligibility will remain a requirement of participation. We hope to be back in school and back in action in sports when it is safe to do so! MCPS and MPSSAA are working very hard to come up with ways to have a Spring Sports Season when you return to school.
You are LEADERS and ROLE MODELS. Be sure you stay in touch with your teammates to support them during this very difficult time. Your coaches are here to support and help you! I am here to help in anyway possible. PLEASE take this seriously!!! Stay safe, make good decisions, and do your part in social distancing!
Here are some suggestions to help you during this closure!
- Create your daily plan (have a routine)
- Be sure to be eating – MCPS provides meals M-F (pick up at Paint Branch from 11-1)
- Be sure to be diligent on completing your distance learning
- Ask for help!
- Connect with friends, teammates, coaches, teachers (Try ZOOM)
- Work out https://www.12minuteathlete.com/workouts/
- Have some fun!
- Learn something new each day!
If you need help do not hesitate to contact me at Heather_A_Podosek@mcpmd.org